Monday, April 18, 2011

Cherry Blossom Shake

Always love the cherry blossom season in DC. But this year the weather is not that enjoyable for such a beautiful theme.

This year, Potbelly introduced Cherry Blossom Shake to celebrate springtime. I saw this promotion ads several times. And I think it is really good business idea in DC in April since thousands of people for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
As promoted, this product is available for a limited time only. And another selling point they created is that a portion of the proceeds from each Cherry Blossom shake will be donated to the Arbor Day Foundation which will come help Potbelly plant a tree.

Before I always trying this cherry shake, I was imaging how would it look like and taste? How could Potbelly relate it to cherry blossom? Will this really taste like cherry flower? But when I finally tried this shake, I found all my imagination were wrong.

First look, traditional Potbelly drinking bottle. The only special here was the cherry flower shape cookie on the straw.  Inside the bottle, the shake was light pink in color, which just fit the cherry blossom theme.
 Regarding the taste, it was huge milky taste, which actually is my top favorite. And it was cherry fruit style instead of cherry flower that I imagined before. I do not think it was quite related to its name “ Cherry Blossom Shake”. However, I think it tasted very good and I will definitely try again. 

One thing I was satisfied with it was that the shake was thick and the straw was too thin. With the cherry fruit inside, sometimes it was really hard to absorb. I highly suggest they can provide a crude straw in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment