Monday, April 25, 2011

Georgetown Cupcake

Big name, great location, popular products! Georgetown Cupcakes can be regarded as the one of the most famous and successful dessert stores in DC. Sometimes, I think it is a fashion more than a dessert. I like their cupcakes, but sometimes I really do want to shop there due to the long line. Every time I passing by their store in Georgetown, I can see a waiting line. Last time I got there at 8:30 p.m, it still took me about half an hour to get my cupcakes. Based on such situation, I think their store space is too small to serve the large number of customers. I do not know why they are not considering find a bigger space. I guess one reason is that with a long waiting time, people are more willing to purchase more cakes to pay back their waiting time! I just found out that they now providing online order so that you do not need to wait in line when you arrive! Good job!


Unlike Georgetown Scoops, they provide lots of daily regular and special selections and all look very yummy. I have tried several cupcakes there. My top three flavors are Chocolate square, Coconut, and Vanilla square. I know that "square" flavors means strong taste. However, personally I cannot find out the differences. Based on all my experience, the only bad thing here is all cupcakes here are very sweet!

Lastly, a video show you how to make your own Ice cream cupcake at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment