Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mango & Sticky Rice


In this blog, I want to introduce a special dessert I tried.
Unlike Chinese restaurants, there are not too many Thai food restaurants in DC. The one I usually go is called “Thai Place”. It is a Thai restaurant close to Foggy Bottom metro station. I know it is Thai Place is not the best Thai restaurant in town. But it should be the one of the cheapest and the best on GW campus.

The restaurant is very small and it is a little dark inside the room. But still it is stylish and clean. And they even have a bar area in such a limited space.
The Thai food they provided taste quite different from those I tried in China, kind of sweet here. Anyway, their shrimp cake, Thai Place noodle, and Pineapple fried rice are all my top favorites.

Last week, I tried their Thai style dessert called “ Mango & sticky rice. It is the most special dessert I have ever tried. For this dish, I got a huge piece of sweet and fresh mango. Love it! But I think the biggest selling point for this dessert is not the mango but the sticky rice. It was green in color with white and light sweetened coconut sauce on the top. As to its name, the rice was sticky. The most amazing thing was that the rice tasted both sweet and salty. Actually, it was very hard to explain the taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment